The Role Play Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun place to rp

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Broken Stones
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby chaosshade Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:01 pm

» A Space that Exists Between Realities
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:03 pm

» My oc Arachnia's bio
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:30 pm

» A Land of Trials
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby chaosshade Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm

» Ancient Worlds
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Sun May 21, 2017 3:50 am

» Pokemon: World Tournament
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Spike Spiegel Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:38 am

» Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:17 pm

» Members' Avatar Change Thread
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:40 pm

» Hi, Also I Will Sing You All To Sleep
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:27 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 14 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:10 am

Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 9:38 pm

Spoil away. I don't really care about spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 11:45 pm

Well, unless you two wish for me to do so, I really had no other plans for any other characters to appear, besides Seishin's other Pokémon. If you wish, Sailor, we could swap back and forth between Iris, since we did a fairly good job with that the first time around. I'm mostly familiar with anime Iris, though, since I haven't gotten that far in the manga and I haven't played Black/Black2 or White/White2. In fact, until I get my new 3DS, I'm just going to play Platinum. XD Once I get it, I'll get either version of each game. What's the difference between each game and it's "sequel" (I don't know if it can actually be called a sequel, hence the quotations.), anyway? Is it like the difference between Diamond/Pearl and Platinum?
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 7:10 pm

We never said you had to, I just wanted to incorperate the Pokedex Holders from the other regions to make this truely a "World Tournament". As for Iris (and any of the other Gym Leaders while we're at it), as far as I'm concerned, she's NPC so even Yami could use her if need be. We'll just continue to swap/play her as needed.

Black 2/White 2 has many differences in story from the first Black/White games. It actually takes place a few years AFTER the first games. The most apparent change being two completely different Gyms and Three completely different Gym Leaders (one Gym remains the same in terms of typing, but has a new Leader)
l'm also sorry if that came out defensive, I was just reminded of an extremely biased Video Game magazine that rated Black 2/White 2 poorly because they whined that not enough had changed to justify it; that it "wasn't worthy of being called '2'"
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 7:17 pm

Yeah it's a sequel seeing how it finishes the story from the first two games.

Though! I recommended when getting the games: 

If you go with White go with Black 2.
If you go with Black go with White 2.

The first two games have the story focus on the two legendaires. If you go with White you get Zekrom (the black one) if you go with Black you get Reshiram (the white one) See what they did there? It has a Yin Yang thing going on. As for the sequels if you go with Black 2 you get Zekrom if you go with White 2 you get Reshiram.

Yeah they messed it up.  I have no idea why they flipped it. I wish I knew I would have gone with White 2 instead of Black 2. I mean it doesn't really matter if you think about it, but I like Reshiram over Zekrom.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 7:25 pm

Well, I was going to get both of them, whatever pair I got. I was mostly asking which pair to get.
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 8:09 pm

Well which legendary do you prefer?

Reshiram is dragon/fire
Zekrom is dragon/electric 

Other things:
Pokemon Black has Black City
Pokemon White has White Forest

Drayden is the gym leader in Black
Iris is the gym leader in White

It really comes down to which legendary and the version exclusive pokemon you prefer. The story will be same regardless of which version you go with. They did a yin and yang thing with Reshiram and Zekrom.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 8:12 pm

So it's like Diamond and Pearl in that you can only catch each Pokémon specific to that game. Like you can only catch Zekrom in White and Reshiram in Black, or Zekrom in Black2 and Reshiram in White2?
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 8:17 pm

Yes! It's just like any other pokemon game.

Gen 5 is special because in Black and White you can't catch non gen 5 pokemon until you beat the Elite 4 or trade with people or use their dream world thing. Which I guess the Dream World thing does not work anymore due to the fact that Nintendo shut off WiFi to DS and Wii games. You can only trade with people locally. 

Black 2 and White 2 continues the story with new characters and the region changes. 3 New gym leaders (Still 8 gyms!) However in this one you can catch gens 1-5 through out the main story. It has pretty good selection if you ask me. 

The major fuss about these games is that storyline is pretty deep. It's my favorite storyline out of the series.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 8:18 pm

So it really doesn't matter which pair I get?
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Nope! It's like picking any other pokemon game.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 9:38 pm

however, rather than getting a  "set" of just Black/White or Black 2/White 2 I would pick one from each edition.
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 9:44 pm

Oh! Were you talk about going with Black and White or Black 2 and White 2? Yeah get one of each because you will be lost if you pick White 2 and Black 2 with the storyline.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 7:07 pm

I got White and Black 2, and I'm getting my 3DS in the mail soon! Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 2655249036
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 7:48 pm

Apparently,my sign is Lampent.  Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 3320834909  It just had to be that specific Pokemon,didn't it? Why couldn't it be some other Ghost type?
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:13 pm

Your... sign?  Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 1598472451
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 11:36 pm

It was on the TV in game. It said something like "If you were born in October, your sign is Lampent." It was some Pokemon horoscope thing, I kinda tuned out the rest.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 6:42 pm

Ooooh, Okay. I don't usually watch the TVs in the game... at least... not lately. I know I used to check them all the time in Black and White, but since I've cleared the story part of the game I've long since given it up.

I managed to look it up on Bulbapedia, though. Turns out, my Pokemon as a Pisces is Alomomola. Pink and heart-themed..... Yeah, that sounds about right! XD
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 7:10 pm

Well, yeah, it's a fish Pokemon. But why Lampent? Not that I'm complaining, since I kinda like Lampent, but that isn't even remotely close to Scorpio or Libra! And I say both because, depending on which horoscope you look at for me, it goes back and forth. Sometimes the 23rd is a Libra, sometimes it's a Scorpio. It's usually Scorpio, though.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 9:15 pm

Lampent.... *raises her arms up and down like a scale* I can see it.... kinda...

Plus, I think they're using strictly Unova-native Pokemon so Skorupi wouldn't count. The closes you could get would be...maybe Scolipede or something
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 10:03 pm

Well, I think the closest in appearance, not name, would be a Dwebble without a rock.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 1:09 pm

I got my 3DS yesterday. Now I'm going to catch Dialga in Diamond, transfer it to White, catch it in Platinum, transfer it to Black 2, and do the same with Palkia in Platinum. After transferring Mesprit, Uxie, and Azelf, I will then repeat it for Giratina after starting a new game (I accidentally beat Giratina, making it so I can't catch it, since it never appears again, even if you somehow manage to go back into the Distortion World). After that, I will get all three of the time-space orbs (apparently, that's the official name for the Adamant, Luscious, and Griseous Orbs, although I don't see how the Griseous Orb fits into that, since it's for Giratina, who is neither time nor space) in White and Black 2.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 1:49 pm

Dwebble?! Oh, you mean for Scorpio.... well.... yes, and no. It's technically a crab which would be Cancer,and they actually did use the evolved for, Custle for Cancer.

And I've personally always found all of that transferring more of a hassle than it's worth, but if you willing to put up with it, then I wish you luck.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 2:48 pm

Well, the Poke Transfer is probably easier than the Pokemon Dream Radar thing. XD All you have to do is use DS Download Play, send up to 6 Pokemon, and catch them in the game they were transferred to. It's like the Unova region version of Pal Park.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 2:36 am

Turns out I was wrong, apparently. I'm rewatching Pokemon The Movie 2000: The Power of One, and apparently Ash's Mom's name is Delia, because that's what Professor Oak says.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 6:51 pm

You...  didn't know Ash's mom's name was Delia?
I'm actually surprised they said it in the second movie, because I swear I didn't hear it until the third movie.

And, uh.... you know that I was implying that Yellow had already also set a spot for herself...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next