The Role Play Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun place to rp

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Broken Stones
Magna Arcadia I_icon_minitimeby chaosshade Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:01 pm

» A Space that Exists Between Realities
Magna Arcadia I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:03 pm

» My oc Arachnia's bio
Magna Arcadia I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:30 pm

» A Land of Trials
Magna Arcadia I_icon_minitimeby chaosshade Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm

» Ancient Worlds
Magna Arcadia I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Sun May 21, 2017 3:50 am

» Pokemon: World Tournament
Magna Arcadia I_icon_minitimeby Spike Spiegel Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:38 am

» Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)
Magna Arcadia I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:17 pm

» Members' Avatar Change Thread
Magna Arcadia I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:40 pm

» Hi, Also I Will Sing You All To Sleep
Magna Arcadia I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:27 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 14 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:10 am

Magna Arcadia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WhiteLycan
WhiteLycan
n00b
n00b

Magna Arcadia Empty
PostSubject: Magna Arcadia   Magna Arcadia I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 12:01 am

"What is it?"

Magna Arcadia is a class-based RP based on... well... video games mainly. It takes inspiration from Tron, Homestuck, .Hack, Captain N, Team Fortress 2, other things.

It's set in a big wide virtual scape, in which each of the different classes come into play one way or another.

The Hero is your standard fighter, but utilizes the right move at the right times to be the most effective.
Then you have the Zerker who's all about controlling mobs.
Then there's the Muse who supports allies and debuffs foes in range with song, or the Racer, who gets from point A to point B the fastest.

The goal is to have different unique classes based on different gaming genres, from RPG to Stealth to Content Creation type games.

They all have a role to fill in Magna Arcadia, diverse enough to bring one thing special to the table, while being balanced enough that one doesn't tower over all the others.
Back to top Go down
Radicaledward124
Radicaledward124
Gamer Goddess Among Men

Magna Arcadia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna Arcadia   Magna Arcadia I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 4:15 am

Sounds like it might be fun!
Back to top Go down
WhiteLycan
WhiteLycan
n00b
n00b

Magna Arcadia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna Arcadia   Magna Arcadia I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 12:37 am

I wanna establish a setting that can keep it interesting though. For all the technical details I've worked out, I still need to flesh out the story, setting, people, places, things, lore, etc.

It feels super-barren without all that good actual plot stuff that an RP /should/ have.
Back to top Go down
Radicaledward124
Radicaledward124
Gamer Goddess Among Men

Magna Arcadia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna Arcadia   Magna Arcadia I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 1:59 am

sounds like a rather large wold you have there. I really think I might play in this one.
Back to top Go down
WhiteLycan
WhiteLycan
n00b
n00b

Magna Arcadia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna Arcadia   Magna Arcadia I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 1:34 am

So you'll help me build it? :O
Back to top Go down
Radicaledward124
Radicaledward124
Gamer Goddess Among Men

Magna Arcadia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna Arcadia   Magna Arcadia I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 4:09 am

Sure Im game. You also need to change your avie, You got the size right but the direction wrong.
Back to top Go down
WhiteLycan
WhiteLycan
n00b
n00b

Magna Arcadia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna Arcadia   Magna Arcadia I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:07 pm

Avi Changed.

So what should we prioritize? There's technical stuff to lay down, but there's also lore to build, this being an original work and all.
Back to top Go down
Radicaledward124
Radicaledward124
Gamer Goddess Among Men

Magna Arcadia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna Arcadia   Magna Arcadia I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 4:28 am

you know i dunno off the top of my head. I wont be officially back till monday tuesday at the latest depending on my school work. but i would think a good place to start is lore. So what can you tell me about some of the more basic magics if there are any or like how the world might have been made? we can start there and figure it out as we go.

thanks for changing your avie, remember to post the change in the member's change thread located in the announcement section.
Back to top Go down
WhiteLycan
WhiteLycan
n00b
n00b

Magna Arcadia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna Arcadia   Magna Arcadia I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 8:33 pm

I'll try to remember

So, Lorewise, it nods to Captain N, the Matrix, Tron, Homestuck and all those other 'real world crosses into digital world' sorts of scenarios. I thought that perhaps the setting would be a quiet town where not much really happens.

Then one day, a Magna Arcadia opens up. Rumored to be merely urban legend, also rumored to be like some sort of esteemed library. Said to house every piece of visual electronic interactive entertainment you can think of.

Some theorize that it's a sinister trap, which enthralls the minds of eager gamers who enter, robbing them of free will as they slowly drain away within it's walls. (A bit morbid, yes.) Some say it's a sanctuary where one can take leave from the harshness of reality for an hour or a few. (a bit escapist, yes.) Some say it's a portal to an alternate world.

Some say that perhaps it is a means of awakening to a reality above and beyond our own.

I guess the main goal for a character might be to explore the worlds within Magna Arcadia and discover what the truth is regarding the mysterious place.

As for Magna Arcadia's virtualscape? Eh, it's kind of open, but I imagine a large, expansive collage of different game environs. High lands dotted with techno-temples, Castles that seem to tower from the mouth of active volcanoes, A flying, future-city that has a twisting race track that weaves around and through it's impressive sky scrapers... those sorts of things bungled together in the sort of controlled chaos that makes it all work.
Back to top Go down
WhiteLycan
WhiteLycan
n00b
n00b

Magna Arcadia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna Arcadia   Magna Arcadia I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 11:31 pm

Magna Arcadia Mario

le bump
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Magna Arcadia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Magna Arcadia   Magna Arcadia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magna Arcadia

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Role Play Ground :: World Adventures :: Loading...-