The Role Play Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun place to rp

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Broken Stones
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby chaosshade Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:01 pm

» A Space that Exists Between Realities
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:03 pm

» My oc Arachnia's bio
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:30 pm

» A Land of Trials
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby chaosshade Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm

» Ancient Worlds
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Sun May 21, 2017 3:50 am

» Pokemon: World Tournament
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Spike Spiegel Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:38 am

» Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:17 pm

» Members' Avatar Change Thread
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:40 pm

» Hi, Also I Will Sing You All To Sleep
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:27 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 14 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:10 am

Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 9:49 pm

Eh... sorry that last one ended up being short, but I don't think there was a whole lot else I could do... I'm also not straying into Marry-Sue territories with Yellow, am I? Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 525336443 

And while we're on it: did that word-count ever make it into the rules? Because I'm not seeing it for some reason....
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 10:14 pm

It's alright, no, you're not, and I don't recall a word count ever being mentioned, so you should be good.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 10:30 pm

In case I wasn't clear enough: I want to kinda make this short for now while we still have poor Yami waiting on us. I really don't want us getting involved in some big tangent before she has a chance to establish her place in the story..... and I'm sorry if I'm partially to blame for that.
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 11:56 pm

You guys are fine! I do need to make a post though. Just a simple one updating what Touko has been up to.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 11:51 pm

This is for Sailor: As for my most recent post, I suddenly had the idea to make him report back to Riley, his teacher, every so often using a device that is like a Pokétch in that it is wrist-mounted and like a PokéNav in that it is capable of video/voice communication via wireless linking. If this doesn't work for you, I will change it, but I think this is a good plot thing, since it means Riley is an outside source that the Captain doesn't know about.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 7:29 pm

I guess I don't have a problem with it. And I kept forgetting to bring it up to you, but I took a look and evidently manga Riley can use Aura, too, so it's not just an anime thing. But...uh.... your communication device?.... For future reference....let's just say that it's an Xtransceiver since that's pretty much what you just described: Wrist-mounted and has voice/video capabilities  Razz
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 8:52 pm

Like I said, I haven't played Black & White or Black2 and White2, so the only things I knew that had video communication capability are the Stylers used by the Pokemon Rangers and the PokéNav, although I believe I saw one instance of the Pokétch being used for that back in one of the Sinnoh versions of the show. However, this will work.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 9:23 pm

Blue is the only Gym Leader/Offical at the table now. The rest dispersed after the meeting let out.... I'm sorry if I didn't make that clear enough.  Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 2305761721
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 9:31 pm

It's alright, I went ahead and corrected it. Also, I have started re-watching Black & White, since I had stopped watching sometime after Iris's Excadrill started trusting her again. I have a lot of catching up to do, don't I?
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 9:35 pm

...Yes. X and Y has already started, silly! Ash already has a Kalos Badge!
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 9:41 pm

Like I said, I stopped watching a while ago, and the furthest I got in the DS/DSi/3DS generation of games was Platinum, because I've been out of money for a while, not to mention I no longer have anything to play them on, since my DS Lite has a non-functioning top screen and I lost my DSi. Also, I remembered my nickname for the Oshawott from the show: the Stalker Pokémon!
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 10:15 pm

Playing catch up!  Forgive me! I have been a bit behind. You guys really went at it! Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 2168306113

Question what is with Red's hand? I never read the adventure mangas.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 9:51 am

I'm not sure exactly certain, since I never read them either, but from what I understand from what Sailor said, his hand got damaged in a battle and he is slowly losing the ability to use it.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 10:20 am

I was actually kinda waiting for you guys to ask.... I think I touched on it briefly on it in my profile for him, but without spoiling anything (unless you really want me to) he got hurt escaping from this:
Spoiler:

In the beginning they didn't mention anything, but later on when he and Blue battled for the position of Viridian City's Gym Leader he started freezing up so, even though Red actually won the battle, he allowed Blue to have the position and he was then told about the healing hot springs on Mt. Silver (hence, why he's there.)

Supposedly he really was fully healed after this, however, as I also pointed out, he kinda had to rush the process so he could join the fight when things started going south in Johto. He got away with this because, once he was on Mt. Silver, he ran into Sabrina (she was injured by the same person in a similar way at a later point) and once he got word of what was happening in Johto she told him that there were hot spring further up the mountain that had even more potent healing properties..... but I don't buy it.

ANYWAY, as best as I can describe it, I presume the injury to be something like an internal frostbite.

Also: Mage, according to Bulbapedia, Sinnoh is based on Hokkaido (a northern island in Japan) and Kanto is based on a real area in Japan called "The Kanto Region" (obviously the Pokemon cities are all fictitious, but "Kanto" is real) so I assume they would have pretty much the same customs. The reason why Unova would be different is because Unova is based on New York (if I remember correctly) and Kalos would also be different since it's based on France.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 11:09 am

I knew about Sinnoh being based on Hokkaido and Kanto being based on Kanto, and I'm fairly certain that I am the one who told you about Unova being based on New York. However, I did not know about Kalos being based on France. Also, about their customs: From what I have seen in the anime, all people in Sinnoh have used silverware and not chopsticks, hence my saying that.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 7:11 pm

To Sailor: Guess what? Now I am swapping back and forth between reading the Adventures manga online and watching Black and White.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 2:45 pm

I was just re-reading the last page of the role-play, and I have one question: Is Red really that dense? If so, that's just sad.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 5:25 pm

I found my DSi! I have been looking for the damn thing for a little over a year now! Why I'm happy is because now I can play Platinum and Diamond again.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 10:08 pm

Okay.... sorry about the slow reply, but I was at Anime Detour all weekend (Friday I was able to post before leaving) but anyway:

First - If your basing people in Sinoh using forks/spoons on something you've seen in the anime, I assume they did that to make it more marketable to other countries for dubbing, but whatever.

Second - I'm glad I piqued your interest enough to make you want to read the manga but be careful if your reading it online: Based on who/where you get it from things are going to differ and you should also just take it with a grain of salt with with  any Fan-Sub because the keyword there is FAN. It is a FAN doing this who is most likely self-taught in Japanese, etc. (you can also get the people who think they're too good or everything about the English language version and they use the Japanese names for Pokemon species and attacks and such and they tack on the honorifics....)

Thirdly - Yes, Red is that dense. He was the last one to figure out Yellow was a girl in the first place and he's even blinder to her feelings towards him. I told you that while he's an arguably stronger Pokemon trainer than Ash, in terms of whit they are the same page.

Lastly - I'll post tomorrow, but for now I  need to get unpacked and then go to bed.
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 10:17 pm

The Japanese do use forks, knives, and spoons. It depends on the dishes. Plus it can be a preference thing.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:36 pm

To Sailor: About Red being Stronger than Ash.... I kinda realized that when I met him in the "Emerald" version I have on my tablet, where he had all level 95 Pokemon, and I only had Pokemon that were level 50-60. And the quotes are because it's a fan version that is actually fairly accurate.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 8:57 pm

Yami: Of course I'm aware of that, too, but the point I was more trying to make is that both of their regions are based on roughly the same place which should be familiar with chopsticks.

Mage: That would be an example of of one of the fan-made aspects o the game, then. Red only shows up again in Gold/Silver/Heartgold/Soulsilver and he cameos in the World Tournament in B/W2, but I believe they cap his Pokemon around the 80's, with his Pikachu being the highest-level Pokemon encountered in the game (but this is to compensate for it being un-evolved I assume)
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 9:13 pm

Well, his name isn't actually Red in-game, it's Alex (my name XD), but it's obviously supposed to be Red.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:46 pm

Yes, I brought Iris into it. I apologize if I just threw a wrench into things, but that just seemed like the perfect setting for Iris to appear. Note: This is anime Iris, not Gym Leader Iris.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 1:48 pm

No, I have no problems with Iris showing up... but I do have a small problem with the anime counterpart, specifically, though.... While I could rant, I'll cut myself short by just saying that my personal preference is to keep the anime and the manga on their own, separate timelines. I don't think Manga Iris is a Gym Leader yet, still just Drayden's pupil (so that could explain her being there: Drayden attends the meeting and Iris tagged along) but the key difference between the two counterparts is that Iris has much, MUCH better Pokemon (Haxorus, Druddigon and Lapras) and she's not useless like the anime one....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next