The Role Play Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun place to rp

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Broken Stones
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby chaosshade Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:01 pm

» A Space that Exists Between Realities
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:03 pm

» My oc Arachnia's bio
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:30 pm

» A Land of Trials
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby chaosshade Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm

» Ancient Worlds
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Sun May 21, 2017 3:50 am

» Pokemon: World Tournament
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Spike Spiegel Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:38 am

» Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:17 pm

» Members' Avatar Change Thread
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:40 pm

» Hi, Also I Will Sing You All To Sleep
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:27 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 14 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:10 am

Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 7:30 pm

Alright, and for the next post:  Yami, are you ready to go or should I just go again? 
(I don't want that to come out like I'm complaining or anything, I'm just trying to give you a chance is all because I don't want you to get left behind.  Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 525336443 )
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:05 pm

Well you guys are still on the boat so you can make another post. My character is closer to the city than yours.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:33 pm

Hey, Yami. Is that Pokemon in that picture Reshiram?
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:35 pm

Yes! He's with N.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:45 pm

I'm assuming N is some big enemy in the games, like Cyrus was in Sinnoh, but I honestly don't know who that is. I've only ever played Black/White/Black2/White2 on a friend's 3DS, so I really don't know who he/she is. I know who Team Plasma is, though, because of the show, so I'm assuming he/she has something to do with them.

Last edited by AzarathianMage on Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 8:47 pm

N does play apart with Team Plasma. However there is more to him. You need to finish the games to find out.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:04 pm

I actually haven't even been able to start, because I have a DSi and a DS, but not a 3DS, and I don't see the point in getting a 2DS when I want the 3-D.
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:11 pm

You can play Black and White and Black 2 and White 2 on the DS. They're DS games. Pokemon X and Y are only for the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:31 pm

Well, still. I am planning on getting a 3DS, since I lost my DSi and my DS can no longer play DS games, only Game Boy Advance games. I'm just going to get a 3DS and a Game Boy Advance SP, so I can play pretty much any Nintendo handheld game. I'm just going to trash my DS once I do get those two, since it is pretty much trashed already. The hinge one one side of the upper screen is permanently broken, the top screen doesn't even work anymore, and I can barely even play Game Boy games on it without it freaking out on me. That's what comes when you've had it for a good 5 or 6 years: The stupid thing just falls apart on you.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 12:49 pm

I would say that's a good reason for upgrading to a 3DS, and I completely agree about the 2DS. A slightly lower prince is about all it's got going for it. Other than that, it's butt-ugly and doesn't even close.... Truth is, though, they designed it for younger kids: no chance of the system breaking in half if dropped while open and no 3D for sensitive eyes.

But back on topic: I fell like the Captain ought to be someone from Team Snagem, but without implicating them just yet.... or would that still be too soon? I'm just no sure who, either. The only one I'm ruling out is Mirror B. because I have an idea for him for later... any thoughts or ideas?

And while we're at it: Are we using both the Colosseum and XD Cipher Admins, or just one or the others?
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 7:33 pm

If you're asking me, I really don't know all that much about Team Snagem or Cipher. You'd be better off asking Yami. However, if you've played the Pokemon Ranger games, I believe we can do something similar to Kincaid, who first posed as a school teacher some of the main character's friends, and later turned out to be the vice president of Team Dim Sun, Pokemon Ranger's version of Team Rocket or Team Snagem, and later, leader of Team Debonairs, the re-formed version of Team Dim Sun.
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 7:36 pm

Doesn't matter to me. The only admin that stands out to me is Minor B. The others I really don't remember them until I'm playing the game. I never beat Colosseum.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 9:00 pm

I never beat Colosseum, either! XD I got stopped by... the guy who SHOULD be the final boss but I think, according to my friend, there is still someone after him...

As for XD, I never played it so I know NOTHING about the new admins there. However, after a bit of research, I think we can go with Ardos since it appears like he deceives the player in a similar way: Saving their sister but only so that the Shadow Pokemon plan won't be reveled (prematurely, in this case) so it looks like w're incorporating the XD Admins, too.
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:21 am

I will make s post after work today.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 12:03 pm

Alright, I'll hold off then ^^
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 8:56 pm

You guys can keep going. ^^ Touko is doing her own thing for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 9:14 pm

Just for the record, it's your turn, Sailor.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 1:00 pm

I know it is, but I just wanted to give Yami a chance so she doesn't get completely left out.

I'll make a post a bit later today, but for now I'm about to have a Skype run-through of a panel I'm goin to be on at an upcoming Anime Convention
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 4:30 pm

Alright, sorry to kind skip past the battle here, but like I said, I do kinda want to hold off until the actual Tournament and this was meant to just be a friendly match anyway.

Funny thing though: I looked at the base stats and these two are actually fairly well-matched. Poliwrath has good HP and raw Defense stats, but Gallade wins in Attack and Special Defence while their Speed and Special Attacks are virtually the same. 
It should also be noted that, in this case, having better Special Defense does no good since Poliwrath's attacks are mostly Physical to begin with BUT You do have a slight Type-Advantage assuming you use Psycho Cut, HOWEVER, my Defense helps compensate for this because it's Physical.

So... yeah. They're well-matched.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 9:33 pm

Which is why I chose a Gallade. It's not overpowered, and it's a good match for Pokemon like a Poliwhirl or Poliwrath.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 8:14 pm

But you had no way of knowing that I would chose the Galade as an opponent here. I could have just as easily gone with one of the fire types and given myself a type advantage, but since I wanted this to be balanced I went with Galade and it turns out my instincts were right on the money.

Anyway, was there something specific you were tying to get out of this battle? Because, like I said, I really didn't want to get hung up on this while poor Yami still isn't completely incorporated yet.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 8:40 pm

No, it was more of a "to pass the time until the ship docked" kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 9:22 pm

Alright, then as long as you weren't looking for anything specific I'm gonna just move on with this next post.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 10:28 pm

I know it happens to use Pika in this case, but that was the best example of Yellow actively using her power I could think of off the top of my head. I'm also pretty sure we all know that "porthole" is the nautical term for "window", right?
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:06 am

Yeah, I know. And it served it's purpose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next