The Role Play Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun place to rp

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Broken Stones
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby chaosshade Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:01 pm

» A Space that Exists Between Realities
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:03 pm

» My oc Arachnia's bio
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:30 pm

» A Land of Trials
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby chaosshade Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm

» Ancient Worlds
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Sun May 21, 2017 3:50 am

» Pokemon: World Tournament
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Spike Spiegel Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:38 am

» Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:17 pm

» Members' Avatar Change Thread
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:40 pm

» Hi, Also I Will Sing You All To Sleep
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:27 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 14 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:10 am

Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:58 pm

Works for me! They can just befriend them besides a lot of them do stuff for the environment. I always thought the world should explode if you caught one that that has environmental job. XD
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:02 pm

Yeah, I always kinda felt the same way. XD That, and they're legends for a reason!

so here is what I have so far:

The Story: The Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinoh and Unova Regions have all lived together in peace and harmony for many years in spite of individual attempts within each region to disturb the peace. Global Communications are the newest renovation that has served to bring the people even closer together than before. In order to promote this and extend a hand to the newest province, the Kalos Region, the Pokemon League announced that it will be holding it's very first ever World Tournement to be hosted by Driftveil City in the Unova Region and that all of the Gym Leaders, Eliete and Champions of each region would be recieving special invitation.
However, The lure of a global audience and a gathering of the word's strongest trainers has also attracted the attention of yet another unsavory group who will once again threaten the balance using a type of Pokemon that has never been seen before.

Rules:
- Both Cannon and Original/Fan Characters are Welcome
- You may play as multiple trainers as long as your skill lever allows
- You may ONLY use Pokemon existing Pokemon that are officially recognized
- No trainers are allowed to use Legedary Pokemon
- Trainers must have between three and six Pokemon on hand. Others may be in storage.
- Trainers Pokemon are allowed to have 4-6 different attacks.
- Pokemon have no defined levels, you are on your honor to respond fairly in battle (I.E., you may NOT block/dodge every attack)
-  Before joining, please submit your character profile, following the provided template, to the linked topic below
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:09 pm

Is it okay that Touko is 15? Black and White gave an impression that the characters were older than 10.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:14 pm

Yeah, that's fine since Bulbapedia cites the manga characters as being around that age by the time of the HeartGold/SoulSilver chapters.

anything else you think we need to cover in the rules? If not I think I'm ready to start making the topics and writing up profiles.
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 11:14 pm

I think the rules are good.
Back to top Go down
Radicaledward124
Radicaledward124
Gamer Goddess Among Men

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 9:56 pm

Sailor wrote:

- You may ONLY use Pokemon existing Pokemon that are officially recognized

could you explain this for a deficient ed? Are you talking like no OC pokemon? People do that? wow
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 10:04 pm

Yeah people make fan pokemon. I tried playing a hack game with fan pokemon once.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 10:17 pm

Oy... and thank you, Edward for pointing out a brain lapse in the working there.... I guess I was caught between "Pokemon that are Officially Recognized" and "existing/official Pokemon"... I'll fix that when I make the topic.

Anyway, yeah. They call them "Fakemon" but we won't be having any of that.
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 7:31 pm

I'm going to work on my profile this week!

So how are we going to open this?
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 8:22 pm

Guess that means I should get me rear in gear on my own... but maybe once I see yours it'll help me see how much more I need to add to my characters' histories.

As for starting, it can go either way. In some ways it makes more sense for you to start it off since your character is native to the region, but I can easily start too from the boat going to Unova.
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 9:00 pm

so our characters champions? At least is my one? Or could I have her still earning badges?
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Technically, just Red would be. Blue was 2nd place and became a Gym Leader and Green was third by default. Yellow, on the other hand I don't think as any badges nor has she really participated in any formal competitions and so she's not going to be doing any battling in World Tournament either but still have no choice once things start going south.

I have no problems with your character being the regional champion if you want, or if you want her to still be earning badges that's fine, too.
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 9:13 pm

Okay! I just wanted to make sure so I dont make Touko over powered or anything. I may make her a semi rookie trainer. She has a few badges under her belt, but she's still learning.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 9:20 pm

That's fine. I'll do my best not to make my characters seem overpowered either. Even though Red is a champion, he is only a regional Champion and none of them have any experience in Unova so they're still battling again some unfamiliar Pokemon and the idea is also that the Shadow Pokemon take everyone by surprise initially.
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 9:34 pm

So should we include the main character from Pokemon Colosseum then? He has the special device that allows you to capture shadow pokemon. So I think he can add to the story by helping the others. We can have it that he has been fighting them for years and was unable to stop them by himself. Or am I going off track with the plot?
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 10:16 pm

For future reference: His name, evidently, is Wes

As for including him....I was actually never crazy about him in-game and we don't exactly need him for the story since I don't think the goal here should be to recapture other people's Pokemon. Once they are purified the goal here will simply be to return them to their owners.
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 10:25 pm

I couldnt remember his name since I just call him Yami. Razz

I just thought he could add to plot. I mean they would have to snag them in order to purify them. Unless if you are thinking of a different way. I mean they can return the pokemon to their original owners. Unless they are baddies!

Done with my profile!! I had a Touko ready to go from a different RP. Her past and personality can work for this one.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:03 pm

Heck, I never knew it either until a friend pointed it out XD

and I guess you're right, but I still just really hate the idea of "stealing" other people's Pokemon since it's never shown in the game that they actually ARE given back... so... I dunno.... I guess we could, essentially, just do what he did: Once Team Snaggem  reveal themselves we eventually get our hands on some of their machines.

And.... mine are.... yeah..... *goes to hide in embarrassment of how lacking they are*
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:06 pm

Stealing is fun! >)

We dont have to have Wes in the story at all. I just thought he could add depth. I mean someone needs to know about shadow pokemon. We could make our own OC version of Wes. Aka have a former Team Snaggmem character.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:13 pm

Not necessarily. I was imaging that it would be apparent that something is different about these Pokemon right off the bat and once this is esablished our characters eventually learn about Team Snaggem and what their goals are rather than having someone there to fill in those blanks.

But if you think it would be better to have an Ex-Snaggem character, I guess we could but.... I just don't want to be the one responsible for him.
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:16 pm

Just suggestions! Of course you don't have to play them.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:22 pm

I'm not trying to complain, I'm just giving my opinion. So what are we deciding?
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:23 pm

I really dont care. Just throwing out random ideas.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:26 pm

And I'm saying I don't either even if I would personally rather not but if you want to I will go along with it.
Back to top Go down
Yami
Yami
The Heavenly Queen
The Heavenly Queen

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 11:27 pm

It's either way with me. XD So therefore we will not use this idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next