The Role Play Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun place to rp

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Broken Stones
Need some help with video aspects..... I_icon_minitimeby chaosshade Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:01 pm

» A Space that Exists Between Realities
Need some help with video aspects..... I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:03 pm

» My oc Arachnia's bio
Need some help with video aspects..... I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:30 pm

» A Land of Trials
Need some help with video aspects..... I_icon_minitimeby chaosshade Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm

» Ancient Worlds
Need some help with video aspects..... I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Sun May 21, 2017 3:50 am

» Pokemon: World Tournament
Need some help with video aspects..... I_icon_minitimeby Spike Spiegel Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:38 am

» Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)
Need some help with video aspects..... I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:17 pm

» Members' Avatar Change Thread
Need some help with video aspects..... I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:40 pm

» Hi, Also I Will Sing You All To Sleep
Need some help with video aspects..... I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:27 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 14 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:10 am

Need some help with video aspects.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

Need some help with video aspects..... Empty
PostSubject: Need some help with video aspects.....   Need some help with video aspects..... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:15 am

I've been watching Digimon in subtitled form from the beginning for a while now and I recently began the third season, Digimon Tamers. 

Unfortunately, however the episodes are formatted in such a way that when displayed on a TV (through a BluRay Player with a USB drive) the subtitled get cropped off about halfway from the bottom making them nearly impossible to read. I have a program that was able to reformat them to 16:9 aspect (I think that's Wide Screen) and this helped with the cropping....except.... the subtitles are now so tiny they're difficult to read.... I am able to zoom in on the video but I have to do this again with each episode since they're all separate files and the subtitles can still get cropped off at the sides.... 

Would 4:3 aspect be better?
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with video aspects.....   Need some help with video aspects..... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 10:21 pm

*UPDATE*

I just tried the 4:3 aspect and it helped but the subtitles are still partially cropped... the only two options left on the program are "Letterbox" and "Pan and Scan" (whatever those imply).
My other option would be to crop a couple of inches from the top of the video and hope that brings up the subtitles...

Suggestions? Anyone know of a good aspect I can manually set them to?
Back to top Go down
Radicaledward124
Radicaledward124
Gamer Goddess Among Men

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with video aspects.....   Need some help with video aspects..... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 7:09 pm

i wanna help but i would need to know more about the video and what it's being played on before i can really say anything for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with video aspects.....   Need some help with video aspects..... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 8:13 pm

Well, I did say that I'm paying them on an actual TV through a USB port on a BluRay player, but I honestly couldn't tell you the aspects of the TV, even. It's a flat-screen, but it's a small flat-screen and it does seem to have usual aspects. It an Insignia, if that helps..... ^^; (To be honest, it.... kinda sucks, too. It has a DVD player built into it but the darn thing refuses to read anything now, hence the use of an external player)

The BluRay player is an LG but, again, I can't really seem to see any distinguishing model name or anything like that on it. I did look at some of the aspect setting on the BluRay player's menu, though, and it DID I think have a 16:9 setting and a "Pan and Scan" setting but they were grayed so I couldn't select them which leads me to think it's either for larger TVs or only if you have a special setup, like HDMI.
Back to top Go down
chaosshade
chaosshade
Queen Of Hell

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with video aspects.....   Need some help with video aspects..... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 12:08 am

Run the original download on your computer through Zoom Player Free and see if that helps any.  Zoom Player is an amazingly well-made media player and I like it better than VLC.  Zoom Player should allow you to watch it, though I've never tried running through a USB port on a TV... mind you almost all the stuff I DL to watch is in either .mkv or .xviD format (both of which pretty much nothing will read.)
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with video aspects.....   Need some help with video aspects..... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 10:20 pm

No, no, no, no. I have no issues with playing it on the computer. They're basic .AVI files so Windows Media Player can handle them no problem, and the subtitles are perfectly legible too but it's just when playing on a TV that I'm having issues. The point of my downloading the episodes was so that I could watch them while I'm stuck on the treadmill, not so that I can watch them on the computer.
Back to top Go down
Radicaledward124
Radicaledward124
Gamer Goddess Among Men

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with video aspects.....   Need some help with video aspects..... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 5:32 pm

have you tried hooking the computer to the tv? that's what i usually do.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with video aspects.....   Need some help with video aspects..... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 8:20 pm

I am almost certain that would requite some kind of special chord(s) that I am also almost certain we don't have.... unless I'm just being completely ignorant because I've never done it before.

The thing that's nice about using the USB on the BluRay to play them, though, is that I can switch between the USB or a DVD that's in the tray if/when I need to with just the remote so I don't have to stop to switch disks, etc. I don't know if I've said this before, but I HATE breaking pace when I'm working out.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with video aspects.....   Need some help with video aspects..... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:00 pm

*UPDATE*

So.... I FINALLY got the aspects on the TV: 720x480 .... but now it makes even less sense why I'm having issues since the videos are 640x480....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some help with video aspects.....   Need some help with video aspects..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need some help with video aspects.....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Role Play Ground :: Community Board :: General Discussions-