The Role Play Ground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fun place to rp

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Broken Stones
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby chaosshade Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:01 pm

» A Space that Exists Between Realities
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:03 pm

» My oc Arachnia's bio
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:30 pm

» A Land of Trials
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby chaosshade Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:16 pm

» Ancient Worlds
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Sun May 21, 2017 3:50 am

» Pokemon: World Tournament
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby Spike Spiegel Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:38 am

» Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:17 pm

» Members' Avatar Change Thread
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby Sailor Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:40 pm

» Hi, Also I Will Sing You All To Sleep
Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeby Radicaledward124 Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:27 pm

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 14 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:10 am

Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 10:50 pm

Sorry, I mist have missed that detail... ^^; (I've been EXTREMELY distracted lately...) But, anyway, it's your call since... I would consider what ended up happen with Gold to be pretty cruel, but I suppose nothing incriminating quite yet. 

I also think that is why it would be a good practice for you to at least try being two trainers at once. I realize how awkward it feels to "fight yourself", but  let's face it, If it we're me, you'd STILL just come up with some overpowered move to easily win anyway so I think this will help you learn to keep things a bit more balanced.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 10:53 pm

Let's face it, there is no overpowered move in Pokemon. Everything has a type disadvantage to something else. Also, I am making Snattle's text color a light blue and Riley's brown, just for distinction purposes in battle. Any other time, I'll just say who's speaking. And as for why I only had Snattle use three, despite having six in his party, it's because the Admins and Boss rarely ever use their full strength before the final fight. Since we're not doing the whole level thing, I just figured I'd limit how many Pokemon he used.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 10:37 pm

In game play, no, but the habit you seem to have of simply blocking and dodging everything in most combat situations I've seen you in is still an issue....

That being said: That was MUCH better! I think that was about the most substantial reply I've ever seen from you. Do you see what you can accomplish if you put your mind to it?  Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 1634099500

Sadly... there is still one, TINY thing: Lunatone is the only one of his Shadow Pokemon you revealed, if I'm not mistaken, so just switch the order to make it last. The Shadow Pokemon and, likewise, any "Shadow" attacks they have are supposed to be something no one has encountered so it's best for the Orre trainers to save their "Secret Weapons" for last.

As for the three Pokemon thing, that's actually the STANDARD with tournaments like this. Even if one DOES have six Pokemon the matches  are three-on-three, so you did great.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 11:40 pm

Solrock, not Lunatone. He uses Lunatone in the first battle with him, and Solrock in the second. (I looked up game-play footage. XD) Also, since Snattle's Shadow Solrock only has one attack, I decided to change it so he uses his Shadow Starmie instead, since it has two. And thank you! I'm actually surprised at how well that turned out, given that I'm not usually a play-by-play kind of person. I guess it helps that I'd tried to make it a canon-friendly battle...
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 10:36 pm

Well, he DOES have both... ;7_7 I guess I just couldn't tell that Lunatone was a Shadow Pokemon, too, because the purple color they used just made it look like a Phsycic-type, which it is...

As for having only one attack: That's part of the "Shadow Pokemon" process. The "Shadow" Move overtakes all of their other attacks and they are slowly regained as the Pokemon reverts back to its former self. At least... that's how it was in Colosseum. Shadow Rush was the only move Shadow Pokemon had, but I guess XD introduced a few more...

You've learned to use a paragraph-format instead of "script" format for your Role Play posts, and your length and detail has improved ten-fold since we've met so now it's time for your next lesson: adding breaks in your posts so you don't have a "wall of text".
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:54 pm

Then why does his Starmie have two attacks: Shadow Break and Shadow Storm?
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 10:10 pm

Like I said: XD apparently added a few more.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 3:11 am

Sorry, I didn't see that part... XD And as for why my last response was so short, I really don't have any idea what you're planning, so I'm just going to let you elaborate.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 1:11 pm

I'm just curious... Do you think we should have Riley and Seishin have Mega Evolutions for their Lucario?
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 4:04 pm

*sigh* And yet you're awfully quick to just jump in and follow... I was actually intending for no one to notice yet, which is part of the reason I'm now having trouble going again because you'll just solve anything I do to stop you for now... My thinking was Crystal was going to come back and explain that Yellow wasn't in her seat and then everyone can leave together.

As for the Mega Evolution, I DID want to work those in and have THAT be the way we all start beating the Cipher Admins. Their Shadow Pokemon are the result of a Closed Heart and the pure Mega Evolution is the result of an Open Heart with a strong bond. 

That being said, since Riley is Seishin's teacher HE can have a Mega Stone for his Lucario and later present one to Seishin as well as Mega Stones for Red's Venusaur, Blue's Charizard and Green's Blastoise. Ruby and Sapphire can get their Mega Stones for Blaziken and Swampert from Wallace and Winona and Emerald  for Sceptile can get his from Crystal.

ALSO! I did get your note for the other Role Play on DA, it's just going to take me a while to be able to reply because I'm baking and work today....
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 4:09 pm

It's fine, take your time. And I'll change it so that it works with what you were planning. Oh, and... cue. By the way, have you ever seen the movie Wolf Children/Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki? (Basic translation is Wolf Children Ame and Yuki, hence why it was simply shortened to Wolf Children for the English dub.)
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 10:55 pm

I've seen it advertised, but no, I've never seen the movie. Why?
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 11:28 pm

You should really watch it. It's on Youtube in it's entirety, and it's actually surprisingly good.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 10:21 pm

*shrug* I admit that it's mildly piqued my interest, but I don't think I'll have to resort to unreliable YouTube since I'm subscribed to Hulu.

But back to the Role Play, you pulled away from Es Cade and Snattle WAAAAY too quickly, I intended to go on a little more with that before transition to Gold's hospital bed.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 10:58 pm

Well, I really don't have any idea what I'm supposed to say in that situation... I don't know what he's like, since every leader is different.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 2:18 pm

Better? I even gave him a color text! Very Happy And don't worry, it's not one we used before. It looks to be the shade of red in between Red's color and Ruby's color.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 9:30 pm

... *sigh* No, not really... I'm just gonna have to find a way to transition back to the Mayor on my own, but I'm just not sure how... Would it help if I were to say that I intended for him to give Snattle the shadow Solrock and Lunatone as his "one last chance"? Since, A.) The Starmie was beaten and  B.) They hadn't <i>technically</i>  been shown as being part of his team yet.

I'm also kind stuck on the Vocaloid one back on  DA, so I'm sorry it taking me a while to respond...
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 10:33 pm

Yes, actually. I'll fix it soon, I'm a bit busy right now.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 11:47 pm

Is that satisfactory? Snattle's team is currently a Shadow Solrock, a Shadow Lunatone, a Lanturn, a Quagsire, a Metang, and a Scizor. I'm leaving Castform out, because it's almost completely useless in most situations, not to mention that, according to Snattle's wiki page, his Castform somehow loses Icy Wind, gains Flamethrower in place of Water Pulse, and Shock Wave is replaced with Thunderbolt (a respectable upgrade, seeing how it's both more powerful and has 100% accuracy). Personally, I think the last two are actually better moves than the ones that previous took their places, since Flamethrower can cause a burn, which is reliable damage every turn, whilst Water Pulse's only secondary effect is that it has a chance of confusing the target. Thunderbolt is basically an upgraded Shock Wave. Shock Wave's only upside for that weaker base power is that it never misses. Thunderbolt is literally better in every way, because it has a higher base power, can paralyze, and has no chance of missing unless the attacking Pokemon gets hit with a move like Sand Attack or something else that reduces accuracy. (Sorry about going on a bit of a rant there, I just don't see the point of his Castform, which pretty much gets weaker, despite going up 15 levels.)
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 10:24 pm

Better, I guess... Es Cade can leave Yellow until the current match in the stadium is over, I suppose. Ill try to come up with a response before too much longer...

As for the Castform, not it really doesn't. Icy Wind has a power of 55 and an accuracy of 95% whereas Water Pulse has a power of 60 and an accuracy of 100% in addition to the confusion thing.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 10:39 pm

The Castform from your second battle with him has neither Icy Wind nor Water Pulse. It only knows Weather Ball, Flamethrower, and Thunderbolt. And take your time.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 9:55 pm

Ugh... I'm sorry, I still just can't work with this. There is really nothing I can do other than have Gold give his consent for this "check". I can't even go into how Gold got there since you're had to add that bit about speaking in private.
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2015 10:13 pm

Sorry, I meant to rewrite that part and forgot. I fixed it now.
Back to top Go down
Sailor
Sailor
The Lady in Pink
The Lady in Pink

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 7:58 pm

*ahem* Except that Yellow isn't back in her seat, she's still in the viewing box...
Back to top Go down
Spike Spiegel
Spike Spiegel
Known Player
Known Player

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 9:05 pm

XD Sorry, forgot about that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)   Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC) - Page 15 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon: World Tournament(OOC)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next